When my cousin got married a few years back, I was a bridesmaid. I also brought a small wardrobe kit. (Okay, I had some luggage.) Professional grade steamer, stain remover, zipper glide, needles, double stick tape, thread, safety pins and a drop cloth. A drop cloth?
I arranged my family. My aunt was in the back and I was in the front. I carefully puddled the dress on the drop cloth. Holding my cousin-to-be's hand, I had her step into the center. On the count of 3, my aunt lifted the back and I, the front. Once the dress was in place, I hooked the halter, while my aunt zipped her (and got that annoying, yet extremely important top hook). We then fluffed her voluminous skirt and cooed. Everyone else was easy to get dressed and didn't need much assistance, other than a zip here and there.
It was neat actually having my extended family experience a big part
of my life. My immediate family have seen many a backstage. My
brother is a barber who, along with working in a shop, cuts hair for
theatres.
