Saturday, January 30, 2016

Patent Leather Shoes


When Rose Byrne left "You Can't Take It With You", Anna Chlumsky stepped in. When a new actor starts, we try to keep as close to the original look as we can.  Occasionally, some things have to change, whether it be that the original was purchased and doesn't exist anymore, or in the case of this shoe, the matte version was on backorder.





Now, how does one paint patent leather?  Well, as I learned on Motown from my good friend (and an excellent dresser) Mikey Goodmark, nail polish. Mac or gel-ogic is the shiniest.  Laurel Parrish, another great dresser who I was lucky enough to have as a swing, happened to have the perfect blue (OPI "right off the bat") at home (which, of course, I replaced.)







Coat One













Coat Two














Final Coat
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They looked great, but wound up being a little too shiny.  So I used my acrylic matte spray and gave it  2 quick coats.
Now, they were show ready!