Saturday, November 2, 2013

Halloween 2013

So, over at Motown, where I am the assistant wardrobe supervisor, we had a Halloween potluck, which included dressing up.  I went with a Dia de Los Muertos inspired outfit.

Originally, I was going to sculpt a mask, but then I remembered that I don't have a lot of free time.  Going into my wardrobe kit, I realized that I had some black masks.

I put 3 coats of white paint to cover the black.  Then, I did research.  One of the things that I saw repeatedly was spiderwebs on the forehead.










Then, I added the details. 


I bought a tiny top hat from Spirit Halloween.  I had the tattoo sleeves, which I purchased from LaCrasia Gloves and the dress. Aughra Moon, who is the stitcher on this monster musical, bought me the shoes for my birthday.  We've been working together since Million Dollar Quartet.  The necklace is from my dear friend Elizabeth Novak's line, With Care Jewelry, out of Providence, Rhode Island.  I own quite a few pieces and am always looking forward to what she creates next.  I borrowed the wig from Christina Ainge, the wardrobe supervisor, as well as a very cool lady.

The blue photographed a lot brighter than it appeared.  But, people didn't recognize me and I got a lot of compliments. SUCCESS!!!!