Friday, March 21, 2014

Harvey wardrobe room transformation

From May thru August 2012, I was the wardrobe supervisor for Harvey with Jim Parsons. Studio 54 had been closed for a while, so I needed to set up the wardrobe room. 

In this picture, I had already started setting up the sewing area.  I brought in my machines, along with other supplies.






More organizing.  I wanted to make sure that my stuff was separate from what was already in the building.  My boxes tend to be either blue or green, but they are always labeled with my name.









Ta da!  I made covers for my dress forms.  I also wrapped the cutting table to hide their stock of fabrics and jewelry.














This was my desk.  I bring in research books and manuals that would pertain to the show.  I also keep a camera for documenting. As you can see, I hang memos.   On Harvey, I kept my bible on the computer and at the end, was able to burn it to a disc.  Not all shows lend itself to that, but it's always good to practice a little "green" whenever you can.  Also, it's much easier to pass to a new supervisor than a heavy book!  (There was discussion of doing the show in London)